The Jubilee Centre
The Jubilee Centre is a community building in Alcester, Warwickshire, that is owned by Alcester Town Council and managed by a small Management Group, which consists of both councillors and volunteers whose aim is to provide a multi-function affordable community facility for the Town.
The building, which is situated on the Jubilee Fields, is a wonderful open space for all ages and is home to the newly installed skate park, and consists of two large function rooms;
- The Hertford Room which is 190m2, has a maximum capacity of 250 persons and can seat 100 around tables. In October 2014 a room divider was installed to improve the efficiency of this room, particularly for smaller groups, who require less footage space. Excellent kitchen facilities and a multi-media equipment system are also available to hire.
During 2016 the Management Group raised enough funding, with the support of a number of local organisations, to have new air conditioning systems installed which provides both heating and cool air. Each room has its own identity and regular user groups, with both rooms being available for hire by individuals, groups or businesses and are ideal for seminars, group meetings, christenings, children’s parties, wedding anniversaries etc. So if you’re planning an event why not visit and to see if we can meet your requirements?!
The established customer base, which endeavours to support all demographics of the community, currently consists of the following groups and societies;
- Alcester Café – Every Tuesday and Friday 11am-2pm
- Alcester Café carers group – 1st and 3rd Friday of the month 10am
- Slimming World – Thursdays 9.30am, 5pm & 7pm
- Alcester Mail Voice Choir – Monday and Wednesday 8pm
- Tae kwon do Classes– Tuesday 6pm
- Cinema Club – Once a month on a Friday
- University of the 3rd Age (U3A) – 1st Tuesday of the month 2.30pm- 4.30pm
- One Fit Momma Classes – Wednesday 9.45am, 10.45am and 12 noon
In addition a number of civic and community events are held throughout the year, for example;
British Legion Lunches, Charity Quiz evenings, Historical/Slide Show evenings and Mayors Award Evening to name but a few.
If you would like to hire either room or are interested in joining any of the current user groups then please contact either; Mrs Susan Adams on 01789 400371 or email: email@example.com