Money Advice Market- November 2022
Residents concerned about the rising cost of living attended a special Money Advice Market in Alcester on Friday afternoon 11 November 2022 at the Eric Payne Community Centre. The event, organised by Alcester Town Council, gave everyone a chance to speak face to face with experts about concerns including benefits, housing, paying energy bills, managing debt and eating on a budget.
A wide range of agencies were available to offer immediate advice at the event plus residents attending were able to watch cookery demonstrations, enjoy free refreshments, children’s activities and take part in a raffle to win a slow cooker.
There was also an opportunity for people to bring along their broken items to the ever popular Repair Café.
Organisations attending included:
- Act on Energy
- Age Concern
- Alcester Community Fridge
- Arden Foodbank
- Orbit Housing Association
- South Warwickshire Citizens Advice
- Voluntary Action Stratford on Avon District
- Warwickshire Family Information Service
- Warwickshire Rural Community Council